Our Employees – Office Closure
Our office accommodation is Covid-secure and we are gradually increasing our office based presence for those roles that cannot be fulfilled easily from home. The majority of our colleagues continue to work at home within our secure VDI environment.
The wellbeing of our colleagues and providing a great customer service is at the forefront of our approach, with robust deployment of the government guidelines on how to work safely in offices.
A robust process for arranging remote video appointments was implemented in April and has been successful in progressing cases during these challenging times. The process ensures informed consent is requested from the claimant and will only be utilised if you have provided your agreement for video appointments.
With the change of lockdown rules and the introduction of a Tier system in England, we are now entering a transitional period as guidance changes and travel restrictions are imposed on "very high risk" areas.
- In areas deemed to be “very high risk”, face-to-face appointments may no longer be possible due to the ban on non-essential travel in and out of these areas. The team will begin the process of rearranging appointments to remote assessments where you have previously provided consent for us to do so. Where a remote appointment is not appropriate, appointments will be placed on hold until the guidance changes and the risk level is reduced.
- At present, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and South Yorkshire are in the "very high risk" category.
- Some postcode areas in both North Wales and South Wales have been subject to travel restrictions. Where this is the case appointments have been rearranged.
- The following postcodes have been impacted in the south of Wales; BS, CF, HR, LD, NP and SA.
- In North Wales the following postcodes have been impacted CH, CW, LL and SY.
- From 23rd October until 9th November, Wales will enter a "firebreak" lockdown. Only remote appointments will be able to take place during this time. Face-to-face appointments booked during this time period will be rearranged.
Many medical experts have primary care responsibilities, which have become more acute during the pandemic. This has resulted in increased supply chain management, especially where face-to-face appointments have resumed.
We have provided detailed guidance to the expert panel to ensure their venues are COVID secure and that they are aware of the high standards we expect in line with the safety guidance set out by the Government. As this remains fluid and ever changing, we are working continuously to ensure the information provided to experts is up to date.
Whilst lockdown and social distancing measures are in place we can arrange a remote video appointment for you. Appointments via a video call are similar to face to face appointments, except that these are done remotely using tools such as WhatsApp or Skype. During the current COVID-19 situation, it is likely that we will be able to arrange a video appointment much sooner than a standard face to face appointment. We will request your consent prior to arranging a video appointment and will also ensure your solicitor has provided their agreement.
As sxome areas are now out of lock down, we are in a position to offer more face-to-face appointments. As always, your safety is of paramount importance to us. If you are offered and are comfortable attending a face-to-face appointment, please ensure you read this guide before attending your appointment.
If you have any questions or are unsure whether you should attend a face to face appointment, please contact us on 01204 478 361.
Obtaining Medical Records
We continue to request medical records and liaise with the NHS Trusts to obtain these as soon as possible. The COVID impact has resulted in some delays, predominantly from GP practices due to some remaining partially closed. Medical record requests from other settings are now largely arriving within SLA and we continue to chase these as priority.
As we are no longer operating from our offices, suppliers who are usually paid by cheque should now switch to payment via BACS wherever possible. If we don’t currently hold details for you, please download the form below and send the required details by email to email@example.com.