Job Title: MI Analyst
Salary: Dependant on experience
Since our formation in 1996 we grown significantly and now employ over 600 people from our head office in Bolton. Professionalism and industry knowledge, together with talent, drive, and vision represent the core values of our team.
We describe ourselves as a fast-moving, innovative and people focused organisation. We are a team of industry specialists helping our customers in the insurance, legal and medical sectors do more business, more efficiently and that's what drives our employees.
Premex Services is an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for a talented and experienced MI analyst to support the delivery of an exciting and comprehensive MI project along with delivery of BAU reporting requirements. The role will work under the BI manager to develop and implement new MI data stores to provide a robust platform for MI reporting and analysis for the business, as well as analysis to identify trends and patterns to help support the business in making key decisions.
In addition, this role will be the lead in terms of defining and providing Finance’s MI requirements, working closely with the Finance, Change, and Development. A key responsibility is to work closely with Finance in order to migrate existing finance refreshable excel reports over to SSRS.
A flexible approach to work is required in order to meet the tight deadlines for the projects assigned. In addition, the post holder will be required to work on a mixture of business areas to support the reporting needs of the business.
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Problem Solving & Analytical ability
- Planning & Organising
- Creativity & Initiative
- At least 2 years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server (2012 onwards) with good SQL skills including T-SQL. Experience using SSRS and SSIS with the ability to write robust data processes combining data from multiple sources.
- At least 2 years’ experience of delivering Finance reporting (from proprietary finance data sources) requirements or relevant financial qualifications
- Expert proficiency in Excel & Tableau, including strong spreadsheet, data-management specifically pivot tables, macros, graphs and advanced formulas, and presentation/ visualisation skills
- Have a good understanding of relational database design and development
- Production of weekly and monthly reports for both Internal and external clients
- Ad hoc reporting
- Automation of standardised reports
- Production of data marts and dashboards in Tableau
- Compliance with the companies data consistency and accuracy policies and procedures
- Ensuring adoption of Tableau across the business
- We have defined standards of performance to meet external and internal customer requirements. All staff are expected as part of their day to day job role to meet and where possible exceed customer expectations of service and seek value for money in all aspects of their work.
- To promote and implement our Equal Opportunities, Customer Service and Performance Policies in all areas of work, both internally and externally.
- Duties may involve having access to information of a confidential nature that may be covered by the Data Protection Act, be commercially sensitive or relate to customer information. In such circumstances confidentiality must be maintained at all times in accordance with the company’s policies. If you are unclear at any time, refer the matter to your manager.
- All employees have a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Employees are required to co-operate with management to enable us to meet its own legal duties and to report any circumstances that may compromise the health, safety and welfare of those affected by our undertakings.
- Undertake all reasonable personal development activity designed to support you in your role.
A Note for Recruiters...
Our already established network of recruiters know our business and the types of people we think are right for our organisation. We have built these relationships up over a number of years and as such we won’t consider, read or accept CV’s sent from any other recruitment companies.
Should you still wish to send an unsolicited CV we reserve the right to contact your candidate directly without remuneration to yourself.