Service Desk Team Leader
Since our formation in 1996 we grown significantly and now employ over 600 people from our head office in Bolton. Professionalism and industry knowledge, together with talent, drive, and vision represent the core values of our team.
We describe ourselves as a fast-moving, innovative and people focused organisation. We are a team of industry specialists helping our customers in the insurance, legal and medical sectors do more business, more efficiently and that's what drives our employees.
Premex Services is an equal opportunities employer.
The person we are looking for...
We want someone who is a good communicator, is enthusiastic and can make a difference. We pride ourselves on delivering a high quality service which is customer focused and innovative. We want a team player who is ready to perform.
Lead the IT Service Desk function ensuring the desk is fully manned at all times. Ensure absence procedures are followed and Overall Operation of the service desk runs smoothly on a daily basis, whilst also providing technical assistance to the IT Support technician and apprentice. Working closely with the Senior Support Technician to ensure smooth running and customer support to the business.
- Point of contact for service desk team for absence/holiday requests
- Ensure the Head of IT Service Delivery is kept fully up to date on a daily basis of all staffing issues
- Arranging regular 1-2-1’s with the IT Support Technician and IT Apprentice and providing minutes of the meetings to the Head of IT Service Delivery
- Manages relationships & represents the IT Service Delivery function with senior stakeholders
- Provides the Head of IT Service Delivery with Objectives, training and development plans for the IT Service Desk team prior to communicating them out to the IT Support Technician and Apprentice
- Assisting the Head of IT Service Delivery in managing communications for major incidents and service issues
- Ensuring all Incidents and Service Requests are categorised and allocated out amongst the team in order to hit all priorities and SLA’s
Process & Procedures
- Ensures appropriate support procedures and processes are up to date and flagging it to the Head of IT Service Delivery if they are not
- Ensure ‘How to’ guides are created and circulated by updating Service Now with the details to share amongst the team
IT Starter & Leaver Manager
- Ensures starters and leaver procedure is followed correctly when creating/disabling access to the network and business systems.
- Ensures all accounts are enabled for new starters when creating ID Cards and raising an incident to back up the process.
- Ensures all incidents and Requests are managed correctly and all workflows are working correctly
- Point of contact for deleting Incidents and Requests that have been raised in error
- Carryout minor changes on design forms and templates to ensure they are capturing the correct information
- Updating Categories, Subcategories and third level categories to ensure we are capturing the true nature of the incident
- Ensuring new starters are enabled in OKTA in order to pull them through to Service Now across all domains
Knowledge & Experience
At least 1 years’ experience of working on a service desk
ITIL v3 Foundation
Understanding of Virtual Infrastructure
Active Directory administration
Exposure to Microsoft Operating Systems
Good documentation skills
VMware vCenter & vSphere administration
VMware Horizon View
Microsoft Exchange 2013
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
Ability to prioritise varying demands and manage time effectively. Able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
Demonstrable leader with an ability to empower team
An ability to obtain and convey accurate information and to process such information accordingly
Flexible approach with the ability to remain calm under stressful situations
Demonstrable commitment to providing a quality service
Strong team working skills coupled with the ability to use own initiative and be self-motivated
Integrity and the ability to remain confidential regarding sensitive items is a key part of the role
Takes a proactive and innovative approach to process, operational and governance improvement
Values Behavioural Framework
Management Competency Framework
SMILE Leadership Framework
If you are interested then please email your CV to HumanResources@premex.com.
A Note for Recruiters...
Our already established network of recruiters know our business and the types of people we think are right for our organisation. We have built these relationships up over a number of years and as such we won’t consider, read or accept CV’s sent from any other recruitment companies.
Should you still wish to send an unsolicited CV we reserve the right to contact your candidate directly without remuneration to yourself.