Next year, Premex Group will celebrate its 20th anniversary. In this edition, we look back at ‘Year Zero’, when Dr Simon Margolis first formed a medical reporting agency called Legal Report Services (LRS)…
1996 was a seminal year for the legal services market. The reforms of Lord Woolf were outlined in a final report, creating the foundations for the market we know today with the new CPR finally coming into force in April 1999.
In those early days Dr Margolis had frequently been instructed as an expert witness in personal injury cases, and he identified a latent demand for medical reports delivered by a trusted intermediary. He launched what was to become Premex Group to meet that need.
In the 20 years since, Premex has become synonymous with technology and the delivery of court-ready evidence, produced by a high quality nationwide panel of expert medical practitioners.
By 2015, Premex Group had grown to over 700 staff and recently made its fifth major acquisition, propelling the business into a new space as the UK’s largest provider of vocational and rehabilitation case management. Below are some of the highlights of an eventful 20 years…
- LRS founded by Doctor Simon Margolis.
- Company rebrands as Premex Services.
- Two competitors, Micrah and HRMS, are acquired and integrated into the Premex Group.
- Premex launches 'Vu' its online diary and appointment management system.
- Premex unveils X-Port, its medico legal report writing software.
- Premex wins 'Medical Agency of the Year' at the Personal Injury Awards.
- Premex attains the Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001.
- 'Best use of software' awarded to Vu at the Claims Innovation Awards.
- Premex shortlisted for the Manchester Evening News Business of the Year awards.
- Vu Direct launched, allowing Vu to be integrated with a customer's case management system.
- Premex joins International medical examinations provider ExamWorks.
- Premex wins 'Sustainability Initiative of the Year' at the Claims Innovation Awards.
- Premex awarded Investors in People, Gold Award.
- Doc Vu launched, allowing medical experts to access and review medical records online.
- Premex launches Premex+ a specialist medico legal service designed for professionals handling complex injury claims.
- Premex Services awarded 'Medical Agency of the Year' at the 2012 Personal Injury Awards.
- The UK's two leading medico legal reporting agencies develop a new accreditation of independence for medical experts; CertMR.
- Client Vu launched, a unique system which allows injured parties to confirm, cancel or rearrange their appointments online.
- Premex reaccredited with ISO 14001, the environmental management system.
- Premex launches a new dedicated team to handle all medical record requests.
- Premex retains Investors in People Gold Accreditation.
- Premex acquires Argent Rehabilitation.