Premex External Recruitment Privacy Notice – Candidates
This privacy notice sets out how we use any personal data that we process about you as part of our Recruitment Process.
The data controller’s name is Premex Services Limited, who are recruiting on behalf of our customer.
The Purpose for Processing:
We will need to process your personal data for the following reasons:
Making a decision about your recruitment or appointment. This can include managing your CV, processing an application, processing your personal data as part of conducting an interview and any competency based assessments we may ask you to complete.
To check whether you are legally entitled to work in the UK.
To check your professional registrations with the relevant regulatory bodies.
To carry out a DBS and background checks.
Transfer onto Hiring Customer
Once we have conducted a successful assessment, we will transfer the personal data that you have provided onto our hiring customer.
Once we have completed the above, your data will stay on our file for six months before being deleted.
Once you have been passed over to the instructing customer, they will become a separate data controller for your personal data.
We can assure you that we will only ever process the minimum personal data required to carry out the processing activities identified above.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We will process your personal data in line with the following lawful bases:
We believe that we have a genuine and legitimate reason to process your personal data as you wish to enter into a contract of employment with our hiring customer. We do not expect that processing your personal data will harm any of your rights and interests and will be reasonably expected.
We may be required to process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations. This can include complying with a subject access request you have made or supplying personal data to the HMRC following a request.
Categories of Recipients
- We will share your data with our Hiring Customer, whom we are recruiting you on behalf of.
- We may need to transfer your personal data to nominated third parties under our own legal obligations (e.g. HMRC).
- All third parties are fully vetted to ensure that your personal data is only shared and stored with third parties that comply with all applicable Data Protection Regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act.
We will retain your personal data for 6 months following the completion and outcome of the recruitment exercise.
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data.
- Right to Access - You have a right to request a copy of your personal data.
- Right to Rectification - You have the right to ask us at any time to make any corrections or remove any personal data that you believe is inaccurate.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of personal data. However, we may still need to retain personal data to comply with our legal obligations. In the event of a request we will provide you with full details of the personal data that we are required to retain.
- Right to Restriction - You have the right to request a restriction in the processing of your personal data. However, we may still be required to process personal data to comply with our legal obligations and to fulfil our obligations in respect of your contract of employment. In the event of a request we will provide you with full details of the personal data that we are required to continue processing.
- Right to Objection - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. However, we may still be required to process personal data to comply with our legal obligations and to fulfil our obligations in respect of your contract of employment. In the event of a request we will provide you with full details of the personal data that we are required to continue processing.
We will aim to respond to any requests relating to your rights without undue delay and in any case within 1 calendar month of receipt of your request. We may ask you to confirm your identity so that we can validate a request. If you would like to make a request, please email or write to us using the contact details provided below.
If we are unable to comply with a request for any reason, then we will provide you with a full justification in writing within 1 calendar month of receipt of your request.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of our process and you would like to file a complaint, please contact us using the details below.
Alternatively, if you would like to make a complaint or report a concern about the way in which we have processed your personal data then please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office who will be able to provide further assistance.
If you have any further questions or would like to raise any concerns about the way in which your personal data has been processed, please feel free to use the details below to contact our Data Protection Officer.
Alternatively, for any specific HR related queries please use the details below to contact our HR Director, Tamsyn Haselden.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer
Write to us: HR Department, Premex House, Futura Park Middlebrook, Bolton, BL6 6SX.